CU Small Business Summit
7th CU Small Business Summit was October 3-5, 2016 in Portland, Maine
Our 7th CU Small Business Summit took place on October 3-5, 2016. This annual gathering brings together the nation’s foremost leaders in the business lending industry to help credit unions reach new heights with their member business lending.
MBS offers a one-day sales training seminar at your credit union that covers the following topics:
- Target markets
- Target industries
- Loan products, features and benefits
- Application forms
- Loan process
- Role playing
Loans–to–Business and Business Owners Training
MBS has developed preferred relationships with key industry leaders so that you can further develop your staff’s expertise as needed via customizable, online or classroom trainings. Work with these partners to ensure you receive quality, trusted educational opportunities.
– Jim Gallagher, President, MBSLinda Keith CPA Inc is an industry-leading consulting firm that offers both in-person and virtual training on tax return analysis so your credit professionals can say ‘yes’ to good loans when lending either to the business or to a business owner. In-house programs are on-demand and customized to your guidelines, worksheets, type of lending and experience of staff. Both the in-person and virtual versions are also available in an open-enrollment format. At the end of such trainings, credit professionals will be able to analyze tax returns to:
- Pull qualifying income
- Understand the underlying business
- Spot red flags
- Ask good questions
- Decide, document and defend the loan decision
Her session at our Business Lending Summit in 2013 was one of the best received educational topics I have seen. She had the participants wanting to dig into the numbers. – Jim Gallagher, CEO, MBS
Visit CUES School of Business Lending page for dates and locations. Reserve your space today.
Top reasons to attend:
- Expand your knowledge of business lending
- Get the answers to your business lending questions
- Earn your CUNA Credit Union Business Lending
- Professional (CUBLP) designation
- Attend an institute endorsed by the CUNA Lending Council
Presented in partnership with the Executive Education, University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Business and the Small Business Development Center, the CUNA Business Lending Certification Institutes help you and your credit union serve the financial needs of your members’ small businesses. Program dates change annually.
For additional information, please visit CUNA’s calendar and click on “CUNA Business Lending Certification Institute” under the “Lending & Collections” section.